Rewind of the Living Dead
  • Home
  • News
  • Podcasts
    • Rewind of the Living Dead
  • Reviews
  • Movies
  • TV
  • Books
No Result
View All Result
Rewind of the Living Dead
  • Home
  • News
  • Podcasts
    • Rewind of the Living Dead
  • Reviews
  • Movies
  • TV
  • Books
No Result
View All Result
Rewind of the Living Dead
No Result
View All Result

Jason Blum Reveals the Horror Franchises He Most Wants to Work With, Addresses Future ‘Saw’ and ‘Halloween’ Films

Jason Blum, the creator and CEO behind Blumhouse, reveals the franchises he'd most like to obtain and addresses the future of "Halloween" and "Saw"...

DamonMartin by DamonMartin
October 9, 2025
in Movies, News
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Jason Blum, the creator and CEO behind Blumhouse, reveals the franchises he’d most like to obtain and addresses the future of “Halloween” and “Saw”…

Jason Blum — the creator and CEO behind Blumhouse — has a track record for creating sprawling horror franchises with a series of films that don’t necessarily break the bank to make but rake in money at the box office.

Lately, Blum has seen his studio struggling a little bit with a wave of films that received less than a stellar reception, especially after such high expectations for “M3GAN 2.0,” which effectively flopped at the box office after the first film was a smash hit. That said, Blum still has his hands in some highly successful films such as “The Conjuring: Last Rites,” which he produced alongside Atomic Monster — James Wan’s production company that merged with Blumhouse recently.

Of course, Blum was also responsible for helping to relaunch the “Halloween” franchise with a trio of films directed by David Gordon Green. He was also in the bidding to land the rights to the “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” but ultimately missed out with indie darling A24 likely taking control of that franchise.

As one of the most well known studios for producing horror in Hollywood, does Blum have any franchises he would kill to work with in the future?

“Friday the 13th” and Freddy Krueger, those are my two white whales,” Blum told Variety. “We’re always haggling. I make a run at them every day. I will never give up the quest. And if they make one without me, I’ll chase the next movie.”

When it comes to “Halloween,” Blum confirmed that his studio no longer has a deal in place for that franchise, although he’s not opposed to making another of those movies down the road.

“We don’t own the rights anymore,” Blum said. “I had a three-picture deal. But I would do another “Hallo­­w­een” movie.”

Whether he’s involved or not, “Halloween” is certainly going to rise again, although talks for a potential TV series stalled earlier this year so there’s no word on what’s next for Michael Myers.

One franchise that Blum did land recently was obtaining half the rights to “Saw” with plans to revamp that series of films alongside Wan, who was the director behind the original film with his friend and writer Leigh Whannell.

Blum says work is already underway on reinventing the “Saw” franchise with his secret weapon being the man who started the entire series back in 2004.

“It’s really hard to make 10 movies in a franchise — I don’t take that away from the original series’ producers,” Blum said. “And I’m grateful to them for allowing us to continue. My creative outlook is what I always preach: Get the people who made the magic in the first place more involved.

“James Wan [the original director] will be hugely involved. That’s how we’re going to reinvent it.”

There’s no word yet on when the next “Saw” movie is going to be released but obviously Blumhouse already has plans in mind for the future of that franchise.

As far as other existing IP, Blum did promise that M3GAN would eventually rise again, although he didn’t set any kind of timeline when another of those movies might get made.

Tags: Friday the 13thHalloweenJason BlumNightmare on Elm StreetSaw

Related Posts

‘Frankenstein’ Review
Featured

‘Frankenstein’ Review

In the latest episode of Rewind of the Living Dead, we’re going to crank up the electricity and promise...

by DamonMartin
November 26, 2025
Hunter Schafer, Emma Corrin and Sophie Wilde Set to Star in New A24 Horror Film from ‘First Omen’ Director
Movies

Hunter Schafer, Emma Corrin and Sophie Wilde Set to Star in New A24 Horror Film from ‘First Omen’ Director

A new A24 horror film is coming together with a star studded cast including Hunter Schafer, Emma Corrin and...

by DamonMartin
November 25, 2025
Scarlett Johansson to Star in New Take on ‘The Exorcist’ From Writer/Director Mike Flanagan
Movies

Scarlett Johansson to Star in New Take on ‘The Exorcist’ From Writer/Director Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan is directing a new take on "The Exorcist" and he has his star with Scarlett Johansson joining...

by DamonMartin
November 24, 2025
Brendan Fraser on ‘The Mummy 4’ Rumors: ‘It’s Time to Give the Fans What They Want’
Movies

Brendan Fraser on ‘The Mummy 4’ Rumors: ‘It’s Time to Give the Fans What They Want’

Brendan Fraser comments on "The Mummy 4" rumors with talks that he's returning to the franchise alongside Rachel Weisz.......

by DamonMartin
November 21, 2025
Next Post
Sigourney Weaver Drops Bombshell About Potential Return as Ripley for New ‘Alien’ Film

Sigourney Weaver Drops Bombshell About Potential Return as Ripley for New 'Alien' Film

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Rewind of the Living Dead

© 2024 Copyright Rewind of the Living Dead

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • News
  • Podcasts
  • Reviews
  • Movies
  • TV
  • Books
  • Contact Us

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Podcasts
    • Rewind of the Living Dead
  • Reviews
  • Movies
  • TV
  • Books

© 2024 Copyright Rewind of the Living Dead